Laser bean not rounded

Thread: Laser bean not rounded

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Laser bean not rounded

Does anyone have any idea why my laser beam is coming out like this? This occurs straight from the tube before the 1st mirror and throughout the whole path.
    I've drained the tube and cleaned it I thought. Had some algae buildup. Pieces of crud was floating around. Could some of that crud be blocking the mirror or something?
    I was using it fine one day then all of a sudden a drop in power and was ineffective in cutting anything.
    I've realigned the setup a couple of times. I'm sure it's lined, but the beam itself isn't solid. It's like whats in the picture.
    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Laser bean not rounded-beamburn-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've cleaned the end of the tube also. Nothing on the exit port to block the beam.
    Low power supply maybe not making a beam strong enough to be solid?
    The tube still glows like normal, so I'm thinking it's still good, just something blocking the beam. But can't see anything.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default laser

Hi ,

Best Regards
    Lucy Lee
    G.WEIKELASER

Quote Originally Posted by venturingraphic View Post
    I've cleaned the end of the tube also. Nothing on the exit port to block the beam.
    Low power supply maybe not making a beam strong enough to be solid?
    The tube still glows like normal, so I'm thinking it's still good, just something blocking the beam. But can't see anything.

Last edited by gweikelaser; 10-23-2012 at 03:55 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

BTW, it's laser "beam" not bean. My mistake. Just saw it.
    However, yea I've check the alignment. It's dead on, and I can cut REALLY slow though.
    The burn from the beam pictured is straight from the tube. Seems like it's not full power. Won't burn a nice spot, just the rounded burn. Like somethings blocking the beam. But from the tube.
    The energy coming from inside the tube out the tubes mirror, can something in the water have been blocking the output? Or does water actually surround the mirror? I can't seem to flush anything out.
    I'm going to remove the whole tube tommorrow and give it a good flushing just to be sure. If it continues, I guess its new tube time. Or could it possibly be the power supply?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default G.weike laser

yes,
    If the laser alines well and mirrors and focus are also clean enough and then possiblity came to laser tube and laser power, you can trun off your machine and wait for half an hour,then trun on it ,if this time the laser is more strong ,then the problem possiblity with laser power will be bigger

Best Regards
    Lucy Lee
    G.WEIKE LASER

However, yea I've check the alignment. It's dead on, and I can cut REALLY slow though.
    The burn from the beam pictured is straight from the tube. Seems like it's not full power. Won't burn a nice spot, just the rounded burn. Like somethings blocking the beam. But from the tube.
    The energy coming from inside the tube out the tubes mirror, can something in the water have been blocking the output? Or does water actually surround the mirror? I can't seem to flush anything out.
    I'm going to remove the whole tube tommorrow and give it a good flushing just to be sure. If it continues, I guess its new tube time. Or could it possibly be the power supply?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gweikelaser View Post
    Hi ,
    If you can confirm you make the good laser aline,and it goes good lasers from first reflector,then we guess the problem should be the three reflector mirrors and lens, maybe not clean or some broken, so try the second mirror to see whether it is ok?
    Lucy.
    venturingraphic wrote: " This occurs straight from the tube before the 1st mirror and throughout the whole path."

We know you can write.
    Could you proof you can read?

CNC lasers, constructions, service

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    You can check you PSU measuring current between Kathode and Ground.
    (Kathode is close to laser output)
    DO NOT TRY TO MEASURE ANODE.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi there
    no something in the water would not block the beam, but if you had there some stuff floating around in the water then you probably burned part of the
    cathode look at the tube end where the metal ring is if there is any dark spots on it that means a new tube is in order. the broken ring looks like tube probleme. you can clean the tube without power if you add HCL about 10% to the cooling water and let the pump run for about 1 to 2 hours then change the water let the pump run for another 30 minutes change the water again run another 30 minute then empty the tube completly and refill with destilled water ( water should be changed about every month) watch by refilling that there is no bubbles in the tube because every bubble blocks the spot in the tube and will overheat and distroy the tube.
    I usually dont bader if something shows up I just replace it the tubes so cheap now and good ones from CNcooltech are excellent.
    greetings
    walt

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Found the problem.

\
    Found this burn mark on the rear of the tube. Matches the burn marks made when the tube is fired. Have no idea what caused it. Tube still excites, and will burn, just not enough to be productive. Can this be cleaned off? Or is it New tube time.?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Laser bean not rounded-imag0034-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wow. Sorry for the big pic.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi there
    this side is not so important make a picture from the other side.
    greetings
    walt

Wow. Sorry for the big pic.

Downloads
    Uploads

This side IS IMPORTANT.
    If the problem is with HR internal mirror your laser is dead.
    In this old type can not change mirrors.

Downloads
    Uploads

\
    Found this burn mark on the rear of the tube. Matches the burn marks made when the tube is fired. Have no idea what caused it. Tube still excites, and will burn, just not enough to be productive. Can this be cleaned off? Or is it New tube time.?
    Hi , i see the picture that you uploaded . this is the positive terminal of the tube , the mirrors is not in the center . and it can not reflect full lights to the Cathode .and it can not replace . now your tube is useless .

The reason maybe that your tube can not get a good cooling .and the Temperature of the positive terminal is high that makes the mirror and glass apart .

and the very important attention is every time if you chance the position of the tube , you need adjust the light path again .because this may cause a bad light beam .

If you need the document of how to adjust the light path . you can contact me , also i can provide you a video .

Email : cncenran@hotmail.com Skype: cenranlaser